Florida Republicans Stand Up and Be Counted!
Yes, I am a Mormon, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that I favor Mitt Romney. I’m a bit more right-wing than he is. I’ve long been a fan of Newt Gingrich, until his recent comments about marital fidelity being abnormal. I don’t know the other candidates very well, but I’ll pick someone to vote for when the time comes. However I live in Wyoming and our vote won’t count for much anyway.
Florida, on the other hand, is a different story. With a whopping 50 electoral winner-take-all votes, a win or loss in that state can revive or kill a candidate’s fund-raising efforts. They say that if today’s vote is a squeaker then we’ll still have two serious contenders, but if somebody wins big in Florida then it could well be all over for the other guy. Florida voters might just pick the next President this week.
As the country holds its collective breath, I have an appeal to make to any folks in Florida who read this blog.
Here it comes.
Are you ready?
North Korea‘s crazy leader died and the selection of his successor sounds like a soap opera.
I’m not kidding! I don’t care who you favor for the Republican ticket! I want to hear you chant the call of liberty! Make yourself heard!
Countless mothers’ sons bled their lives out into the soil of foreign lands, and the Amber Waves of Grain here at home, to put you in line for that ballot box.
Show the world what power a free and peaceful people can wield in a piece of paper.
- Florida and the politics of delegates (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Nearly 600,000 Cast Early Votes in Florida (blogs.wsj.com)
- Romney Makes Final Pitch to Seniors Before Florida Vote (blogs.wsj.com)
- Early Florida vote could doom Newt Gingrich by… 60,000? 40,000? More? Less? (miamiherald.typepad.com)
- 5 counties to watch in Florida’s prez primary (tampabay.com)
- What’s Next After Florida: Entering the Dead Zone (abcnews.go.com)
- Editorial: Let’s hope for smooth primary election today as all eyes focus on Florida (tcpalm.com)
- Republican candidates make final Florida push (sfgate.com)
- Republican Rivals Have Eyes On Florida Prize (news.sky.com)
- Romney confident as Florida prepares to vote (boston.com)
- Florida Young Republicans Stand Behind New Voter Laws (mtv.com)
- Groups That Could Turn Florida Vote (thedailybeast.com)