Heart Goes Out to Japan
I wrote a poem last night to post this morning, but it’ll wait.
Late last night (3/11/2011) my time a devastating 8.9 Earthquake, tsunami, and series of strong aftershocks struck Japan.
The Japanese are good people and I have many friends of Japanese heritage. The country is no stranger to earthquakes, but this one was espessially cruel.
There really isn’t much I can offer in the way of news about this event that you can’t get better by turning on your TV, so I’ll refrain. Last night I Tweeted a link to some photos and another link to the weather.gov Tsunami warning map page because I knew they would not be useful to anyone today. I’ve included some web links from Zemanta at the bottom of this post that show they are 4 hours old or less at the posting of this blog.
All that is left is for me to express my heartfelt condolences to anyone within the voice of this blog who lost loved ones in this terrible disaster. My heart and my prayers go out to those still struggling with the necessities of life.
I urge anyone reading this to look up the appropriate aid organization of your choice and donate to help. Together, we can make a significant difference.
I’ll post my poem tomorrow, then we’ll talk a little bit about STS134 on Monday.
- 8.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Japan, Triggers Massive Tsunami. (tinfoilhatman45.wordpress.com)
- Japan Earthquake (metofficenews.wordpress.com)
- Devestation In Japan (inquisitr.com)
- Leeteuk is Worried about Japan (smtownjjang.wordpress.com)
- 8.9 Earthquake Hits Japan; Tsunami Warnings in Hawaii (coltmonday.wordpress.com)
- Japan Earthquake (eyeslitcrypt.wordpress.com)
- Hawaiians seek higher ground, tsunami warning reaches to 53 countries (inquisitr.com)